The mission of the proposed Inner Sunset GBD is to maintain and beautify public spaces, and improve the overall quality of life in the neighborhood.
A group of stakeholders representing local residents, merchants and institutions in the Inner Sunset are leading the initiative to form a Green Benefit District (GBD).
Specifically, a GBD would:
- Improve greening and maintenance of public spaces, with expanded services beyond the City baseline services
- Advocate for delivery of existing City commitments to public spaces
- Enhance walkability, accessibility and circulation to strengthen connections between people and places
- Foster safe and civil public spaces
- Create a transparent neighborhood-scale governance platform that enables direct oversight of funds
The proposed Inner Sunset GBD has not yet been established. During Spring 2017, the group conducted extensive community outreach and a neighborhood-wide survey in the study area below:
Based on survey results, preliminary boundaries have been drawn around the areas demonstrating strong support for a GBD. These boundaries will be adjusted and confirmed with additional outreach between September-December 2017.